Find Yor Spark this May.
I personally find the best place to find your true spark is in Italy.
Specifically, in beautiful, magical, tranquil, perfect Tuscany. For all the yogis who know me well, you know that Tuscany holds a little piece of my heart. It is the one place I would go back to year after year, it is the one place where as soon as I step off the plane I feel like I’m home. The gardens, the views, the people, the food, their culture,
Our Home For The Week
Il Borghino, literally meaning ‘Small Village’; offers a secluded setting with magnificent views overlooking forests, vineyards, olive groves & mountains in the distance. Located 10km from the charming medieval city of Lucca, Il Borghino offers an opportunity to truly relax and unwind in a unique location whilst experiencing the best that Tuscany has to offer.
Il Borghino has been designed to maintain the original character of the village while still being both comfortable and modern. Meticulously restored with energy efficiency & a concern for the environment in mind, using natural materials such as wood, marble & terracotta.
It comprises of three separate houses. The rooms are large, simple and furnished tastefully in local Tuscan style, each with fabulous views from every window. There are fly screens on all windows and electric fans in every room. As the building is old, the walls are very thick which means the villa stays cool in the summer months.
The vegetarian menu is made by a wonderful local cook (and she truly is wonderful; we all adore Maria!) who prepares deliciously fresh dishes based on what is in season & the region’s specialities. Food is literally farm to table! Fresh fruit & vegetable juices are available & cleansing herbal teas using fresh herbs from the garden. Organic wine, olive oil & honey is produced in the surrounding agricultural area & served during the retreat. As we are in Tuscany, we will indulge in local cheeses, pastas, breads, wines and other local delights, so although the menu is not a strict cleanse, they do offer plenty of healthy choices with nuts, seeds, legumes, plenty of vegetables and salads, rice, amaranth, quinoa, buckwheat, fresh fruit and yogurt. Upon request special dietary requirements can be catered for.
On the last night we enjoy an incredible Pizza and Prosecco night! The pizzas are rolled out, prepared, and cooked in the wood fired pizza oven next to us… I can honestly say you have not experienced pizza like it!! Pizza definitely gives you an amazing spark… and the prosecco can also help with that too of course…
Cooking Classes are also available and our yogis loved creating Gnocchi and Tiramisu last time…we even got to enjoy the tiramisu after our last night celebratory pizzas.
Wake up to yummy Primal/Vinyasa Yoga every morning, attend fun workshops most afternoons and enjoy smooth & stretchy flows, meditation or restorative in the evenings; there is plenty on offer with an optional 19 hours of yoga available to you! Yoga will be practiced outside by the pool, in the shala among the vineyards or in the indoor yoga studio. There is nothing quite like Sunrise & Sunset sessions where you can fully savour the serenity of the Tuscan countryside.
As well as all the yoga on offer there are plenty of things going on in Italy to help find your special ‘Scintilla’. Below are a few trips and activities available if you should wish to venture out and explore the incredible surroundings or stay in and work on your Italian skills and your wellbeing!
- A bike and walking tour of Lucca with a local guide; informal and informative fun!
- Wine Excursion; a scenic 3km walk to a beautiful local winery, followed by an interesting tour and tasting.
- Puccini Opera in Lucca; for the opera
loversthis is a 1 hourtaste of Puccini in stunning surroundings.
toa Thermal Spa; bathe in healing waters, enjoy turkishsteam rooms and sauna. Leave feeling completely relaxed…
- Barga and the Garfagnana Day Trip; for those who prefer mountains and hilltop villages instead of the sea. Travel to the mountainous Garfagnana region and
medievaltown of Barga. Spend a few hours with a private guide and then enjoy a delicious gourmet lunch.
- Explore Lucca on your own; taxis can be arranged so you get to experience Lucca when you wish.
- Cooking Class; learn from the best with Maria Angela the most wonderful local cook who dishes up amazing meals on the retreat!
- Learn Italian with an experienced Italian teacher!
- Massages and Holistic therapies; you are most definitely in for a treat with some really incredible local therapists who be on hand throughout the retreat to offer various massages and treatments.
- 7 Nights Outstanding Accommodation at Il Borghino + Linen & Towels
- 15 hours of Yoga Sessions
- Return trip to the vibrant artists’ village of Pietrasanta
- 3 Delicious Vegetarian Meals Per Day (minus 1 Lunch & 1 Dinner where we head out to explore instead!)
- Unlimited Fruit, Water & Herbal Tea
- Local Wine at Dinner (1/2 bottle per person)
- Last Night Celebratory Dinner with Prosecco and Pizza Using their Wood Fired Pizza Oven
- Use of Pool and Jacuzzi
- Use of Turkish Sauna/Steam Room (3 hour complimentary session)
- Transfer To and From Lucca to Il Borghino at the Start and Finish of the Retreat (1 Scheduled Pick Up and Drop Off)
- Use of WiFi in Common Rooms
- Laundry Facilities
What’s NOT Included
- Airfares & Travel Insurance
- Return Transfer from Airport to Lucca (From Pisa this costs between 4-6euro per person on
- Lucca Transfers Outside the Scheduled Pick Up & Drop Off
- Massages & Excursions/Activities
- Other Travel Related Expenses
Single Room with Private Bathroom: £1615pp
Double Room with Private Bathroom: £1415pp
Twin Room with Private Bathroom: £1415pp
Twin Room with Shared Bathroom: £1315pp
Initial Deposit: £150 – due on booking to confirm your room*
Remaining Balance due by 28th February 2019
For Double Room’s there is the option to bring your partner along (retreat cost with no Yoga can be requested) my husband tagged along last time and enjoyed every moment!
Spaces are very limited and accommodation will be assigned on a first come, first served basis. All prices listed are per person and assume double occupancy (except for the single room). If you would like to turn a twin or double room into a single room so that you can have it for yourself (the beds will make a king size bed) please add the single supplement fee of £300 for rooms with a shared bathroom and £500 for rooms with a private bathroom.
Book Your Place
The closest airport to Il Borghino is Pisa International Airport (18 miles from Lucca). Easy Jet Jet2.com and Ryan Air have flights to Pisa.
Florence International Airport (50 miles from Lucca).
Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence Airports and are very reasonably priced (for example, trains from Pisa to Lucca currently costing €4-6). When booking your flights I recommend you plan your arrival time into Lucca for around 3.30pm (or you could arrive earlier to spend time walking around Lucca) to coincide with the free group transfer to Il Borghino.
Check out at Il Borghino is Strictly 9.30am on the last day so please plan your departure flights accordingly – Transfer to Lucca is included.
Please note that your deposit is non-refundable and secures your spot for the retreat.
A cancellation fee of 20% applies to bookings cancelled up to 3 months in advance (last day 22nd February 2019). A 50% fee applies to bookings cancelled up to 2 months in advance (last day 22nd March 2019). As I have to pay the retreat centre in advance, no refunds will be issued for cancellations within 2 months of departure.
No refunds will be given for failure to attend or to complete the retreat.
I recommend that you get travel insurance in case of any life situation that may alter your plans.
Limitation Of Liability
By paying the deposit for your retreat, you assume complete and full responsibility for the proposed travel. Keri Lincoln Yoga shall not be responsible for any injuries, losses or damages in connection with accommodations, other facilities at the resort, ground transportation, diseases, local law, climatic conditions, acts of God, delays, changes or cancellation, of travel due to weather conditions, accidents or health related problems while residing at Il Borghino and while in-transit to (e.g. an accident on the way to an excursion, during, and after an excursion) You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Keri Lincoln Yoga from and against any losses, costs, damages and expenses resulting from claims and bodily injury or property damage arising out of joint efforts through the period of the booked retreat.